Duluth, April 13, 2018 — Tournament officials announced today that the final round at the 2018 Mitsubishi Electric Classic will be played on Saturday, April 14. This change in the schedule has been made due to inclement weather expected for Sunday, April 15.
“In order to give us the opportunity to complete the scheduled 54 holes of the Mitsubishi Electric Classic, given the forecast for Sunday, the decision has been taken to start play of the final round on Saturday after the conclusion of the second round. The forecast calls for up to 1.5” of rain overnight together with the threat of lightning throughout Sunday so there is significant potential for disruption to play,” said Michael Petch, PGA TOUR Champions Tournament Director.
Please see below for important details regarding the updated tournament schedule for Saturday, April 14, 2018:
· All Sunday (4/15) tickets to the tournament will be honored on Saturday (4/14)
· Gates open at 7 a.m.
· Round 2 begins at 7:15 a.m.
· Round 3 (Final Round) begins at 12:45 p.m.
· The trophy presentation will take place on the 18th green following the completion of the final round on Saturday (4/14) – approximately 8 p.m.
· All tournament spectator and hospitality shuttles will begin at 6:30 a.m. and continue until one hour after the completion of play.
· Cologuard Celebrity Challenge – 11:45 a.m.
· Kids Day Activities – 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. Clubhouse Back Lawn
· Youth Skill Challenge 3 p.m.–5 p.m. (registration 2:30 p.m.) lower putting green adjacent to clubhouse)
· Telecast coverage
o 4/14 – Golf Channel 3 p.m. through the end of play
o 4/15 – Golf Channel 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. (Saturday replay)
* All times subject to change
“The weather has thrown us a curveball, but it provides the tournament and event organizers a nice opportunity to play 36 holes of a PGA TOUR Champions event in one day,” said Tournament Director Monte Ortel. “We’re excited that patrons, sponsors and volunteers will enjoy a full day of professional golf at TPC Sugarloaf. Additionally, the tournament is pleased to honor all Sunday tickets to be utilized on Saturday. We are expecting record crowds, so come join us and be part of the fun.”